Hackers from the dark side also known as threat actors, put their skills into stealing data that’s not theirs. The most dangerous ways in which they steal sensitive information, leaving users defenseless are as follows.
- Phishing is one of the most serious online attacks that hackers try. Also, camera hack is another illegal practice that’s used to steal corporate information as well as personal information of internet users at home, leaving millions at risk globally.
- More targeted forms of phishing have been causing havoc during these difficult times when COVID has suddenly pushed so many offline industries online. Spear phishing and pharming have proven to be extremely dangerous since new web users aren’t well equipped and well informed. Which makes it difficult for them to protect their business and customers from hackers.
That said, whether you’re a new user on the web or an old firm, the change has been significant for all – established companies have been forced to allow their employees work from home options that have put them at danger since their systems are run on unmonitored or poorly protected home routers.
That’s why every company must adopt the following cybersecurity techniques that can bravely protect their assets from hackers.
- Educating Employees More about Cybersecurity
When employees are working from home, they use their home network to access and work on the company’s system. They don’t follow stiff cybersecurity practices at home that can put the data of the company at risk. Which is why educating employees about cybersecurity so that they understand how they can contribute is necessary.
The most important things to be conveyed to them while they work from home are as follows.
- They shouldn’t use the work system for personal use.
- They should create a separate network for the work system and not connect any other device to that network.
- They should install software updates and patch the router often.
- Enable the Mandatory Use of MFA
If a hacker is able to breach the backdoor password, in normal scenario, that’s the entry of malware in the affected system. But, if MFA is enabled, that’s not the case. 3 additional layers have to be crossed after the password to get entry in the system. It makes the system better equipped to foil such hacking attempts.
- Make VPN a Necessary Practice to be Followed by All Employees
Since remote workers work on their own router, you can make their systems pass through the VPN. In this way, they will be able to access the information in the system only after the security tools of the company scan the system and find no security threats.
All in all, these are the 3 online security techniques that offer stunning defense since hackers don’t not prefer targeting firms that have so many security features enabled.