You suffered injuries in a car accident that wasn’t your fault. Colorado is a fault state, so you can file a personal injury lawsuit, seeking compensation from the at-fault driver. Personal injury law is complicated, and in your best interests, you may want to contact a Colorado car accident lawyer. Victims of car accidents often have their reservations about getting legal help, because at a time when they are dealing with financial losses, they don’t want to pay for a lawyer. The good news is most attorneys take up car accident cases on a contingency basis. You don’t have to pay the lawyer upfront, but only if and when they win. Below is a list of things that an accident lawyer can do for you.
- Evaluate the worth of your claim. Do you have a valid car accident claim in the first place? If yes, what is your claim worth? How much can you realistically expect in compensation? Let an accident lawyer answer all of that. With experience and expertise, attorneys know what it takes to evaluate a claim.
- Gather evidence. The most crucial pieces of evidence are accessible and available immediately after the accident. If you hire an attorney, they will do their own investigation of the car accident, which will help in building your case. Lawyers always prepare for the worst scenario, where the case cannot be resolved through negotiations.
- Establish fault and liability. In the real world, car accidents are usually complex. When multiple vehicles and drivers are involved, establishing fault and liability is the hardest task. Besides investigating the matter, your lawyer will find fault in the car accident, so that you can pursue your case accordingly.
- Handle the insurance company. Whatever the claims adjuster offers you is typically going to be lower than what you deserve. One of the big reasons why people hire personal injury attorneys to deal with the insurance company. A skilled attorney knows what a claim is worth, and they will negotiate accordingly.
- Manage the related work. From filing the insurance claim, to related paperwork, your car accident attorney is critical for your case. They take over the regular tasks, so that you can stay back home and recover. If the matter ends up in trial, your lawyer will take care of legal proceedings.
Shortlist car accident lawyers in Colorado soon after your accident, because you need to work on your case immediately.